Sunday 30 October 2011

Ashridge

As a member of Artists Network Bedfordshire I was invited to submit eight of my paintings to be displayed at Ashridge business college.It was home to  Queen Elizabeth I in the 16th century,previously it was a monastery dating back to the 13th century.Driving up to Ashridge the countryside was breathtaking ,especially at this time of year.My first sight of the building was in bright sunlight and I can't tell you how awestruck I was by its beauty and majesty.I love history and architecture so this was an unexpected delight.My paintings were very well recieved by the organiser Elaine who started hanging them straightaway.This is an opportunity to show my work to an international audience and maybe to sell as well.
Even if I don't sell a single painting it is such an honour and pleasure to have my paintings hanging in such an amazing place.

13 comments:

  1. Oh that is a good news and I am very happy for you, best wishes .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great news Azra!Congrats and best wishes.I hope you have a good sale too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Azra! What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Azra. This is really wonderful news. Good luck with the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Azra, I'm really happy for you! Your recent paintings are beautiful and I hope that this exhibition will open to you doors to the recognition ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Azra! Congratulations!!! How exciting for you. You must be totally in awe. What a beautiful location.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful Azra, what a great opportunity! The paintings look great on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Sidmar,Yasha,Karla,Jean,Viviane,Giselle,and Karen!! You all make me so proud , I love all your comments and good wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an achievement and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful news to hear and I have been thinking of this for you Azra! Congrats and best wishes to you always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou so much Chris and Padmaja!! My best wishes go to all of you as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Azra! This is so exciting and wonderful for you. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much Maria! My feet did'nt touch the ground the whole weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.