Tuesday 29 November 2011

Poinsettia 11

My present mood is taking me into  a direction that is opposite to my usual style.I have gotten looser over the last year but its hard to relinquish control normally.With this its more about emotions,I'm letting go of rules and allowing myself to make mistakes ,just to see where it will take me.As artists I don't think we ever stop searching for that perfect interpretation of our inner vision,in the process we find success at the most ,or at the least ,release from this constant need to express ourselves.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this - it reads as a poinsettia immediately, and has such lush brushwork - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The softer shades in the background are a nice compliment to the dark rich primary colors of the flowers and leaves. Your loose brush work makes the simple shapes stand out. I like this one, Azra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much Sidmar,Claire and Jean!
    It was such a relief to read your comments because I opened up to a style that I absolutely love to paint more and more and was'nt sure if I was on the right tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely on the right track Azra.. beautiful free strokes say it is a bold effort.. look forward to more along this path:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorites...the composition and the more complex color scheme really work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let it go girl! Paint loose!
    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou so much Padmaja,Melle and Robie!! Love all your encouragement. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.