Sunday 18 March 2012

Orchid Sketch

The highlight of my weekend was recieving an email from my friend,a fellow artist and blogger.She bought my painting "wing and a prayer"  last week and she recieved it yesterday.This is the email she sent me!!


"Oh Azra, I could not believe what I saw when I opened that package. The painting arrived in perfect condition, and it is so much more beautiful in person than looking at it on the internet. I knew it was special when I saw it on your blog, but I had no idea of the intricate colors and rich brushstrokes. I almost feel guilty for having it instead of someone else. Almost! I have the painting on my bedside table so it will be the first thing I see when I get up and the last thing I see when I go to sleep."
 
Her reaction and support is something I will always cherish .
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the lovely warm comment. It's wonderful to hear such kind words from someone who was touched by your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very sweet letter, and very well-deserved. Your work is truly beautiful! This flower is so gentle and graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Azra - what lovely feedback you got! That painting deserved it, and it's really special to have a painting go to a fellow painter (painters tend to have very good taste!) :)
    I love this flower and the spatters - really great to see you playing in watercolors again - as a medium it suits you well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Azra , congratulations on the sale! And what a sweet thank you letter from your friend , really touching and of great satisfaction for you as an artist, so glad for you :-))
    This Orchid is very lovely and sensitively painted, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely letter Azra and you deserve such appreciation,
    your orchids are very pretty .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawing is so sweet - love the orchids ... in your painting and the banner photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Azra:) Your friend is very lucky to have that beautiful painting! I love your orchid, beautifully done! Nice colors and the spatters are perfect in place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. to have brought such joy into your friend's life makes it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.