Tuesday 17 June 2014

Starting Anew

All the fun and hard work, where the weddings are concerned is over. My best friend treated me to a day out in London, we went to see the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, I enjoyed the whole experience, the company, the paintings and just being in London lifts my spirits.

I feel as if I am starting from the beginning, I bought  some new brushes, my old ones have definitely seen better days. The difference is shocking really, the brushes glided over the canvas and the painting almost painted itself.
 Thank God for good friends.
Starting Anew
Oil on canvas board 8"x8"
SOLD
 

I have plenty of flowers left over from the flower arranging and the break has left me with a hunger to paint more than ever.

5 comments:

  1. Words are failing me Azra, it is a classic beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....... as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Azra! It truly is another beauty! I love your soft backgrounds and the little bits of reflective pink light on the vase. And your roses, as always, are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Don't new brushes feel like you've been painting with old socks? So amazing! And the Royal Academy.... I'm so jealous
    Hugs across the pond :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes new brushes are great! Beautiful roses and terrific background

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.