Thursday 23 February 2017

Waller Avenue in the Rain

How has it been over three weeks since my last post!!! I have to admit it is proving harder than it has ever been to get back into a daily routine of painting. I've been trying all sorts of remedies, going to see exhibitions, buying self help books on creativity, in fact I am waiting for Julia Cameron's " The Artists Way" to be delivered. I had this book about seven years ago and foolishly thought I would not need it since I was well into my daily painting after I read it. I have however started to write the morning pages which so many people swear by, this morning.

This rainy painting has been on my easel for the last three weeks and finally I finished it last night, it felt like a weight has lifted and the gate is open again to creativity.

Waller Avenue in the Rain
oil on canvas board

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Instagram always gets me jump started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine, yes instagram is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created the wet road perfectly , really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going Azra! Your reflections are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly done Azra,I feel the rain and the coolness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can really feel the rain in this painting, good job! I love the book "The Artists' Way"! I really need to get back to my morning pages but since we moved to Germany I haven't been able to do it on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.