Saturday 3 September 2011

Flowers and Cream Jug

Yesterday I spent the better part of the day scraping the weeds from in between each brick in my front garden.I know I could use weed killer but I don't like to use chemicals so its the hard way.If anyone knows of an environmentally friendly way PLEASE tell me.
Anyway  my front garden is now spotless and ready for silver birch leaves to fall anytime from now!!
I struggled so much with this painting,I think because I hav'nt been painting for nearly a week and also its larger as well.I'm so used to painting small that its hard to adjust.My apologies for the photo,I'm so used to scanning the smaller paintings at anytime day or night that I forgot I need daylight.

4 comments:

  1. The shift from smaller to bigger and vice versa is tricky ,, but you will get a hang of it in no time! This is a good trial Azra,,
    our gardener sprays vinegar sometimes..but again it is a chemical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adjusting with the change in size of canvas is always difficult Azra and I absolutely get your photography problems.I feel suffer the most when it comes to getting a painting photographed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesha is so right! Photographing a painting is probably the hardest part. I like the highlight spots of your painting Azra. It really lends to the round feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Padmaja,I will try vinegar,at least its edible!

    Thanks Yasha,there must be a workshop somewhere that teaches how to take good photos of paintings??

    Thanks Karen,I agree it is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.