Sunday 1 January 2012

A New Beginning!!

Boy!! Am I glad to close the door on 2011. My wish for myself and everyone is that 2012 is the best yet,and we achieve everything we set out to do and enjoy ourselves in the process.Along the way I want to extend a hand to those less fortunate,sometimes all is needed is a kind word,some encouragement,if my finances allow I will also try to help in that way too.Sometimes the chasm between the haves and the have nots is too wide.If I have good fortune I know I would want to share it.Success would taste that much sweeter for it.

I begin this year with Cezanne's Ginger Jar and Fruit.Its not an exact copy,I've left  out some of the detail in the background but overall its one of my favourites and I always meant to have a go painting it.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Azra! First: A happy 2012 for you and your family! The painting is a good start! You added nice words to it! Have much fun this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my friend! I agree with Renate! A lovely lovely start for the new year. Whether in cake mode or with paint your art makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it, Azra. I have long been a fan of the early impressionists and admire some of their work. This still life is wonderful. Glad you added your own twist to it to make it more your own. The colors are beautiful. Very nice work. I loved what you had to say here, also. You have a beautiful spirit and are a very nice person whom I am glad to have 'met'. Happy painting in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job out of painting Cezanne! Wish you all the best for the New Year, agree with you, let's hope 2012 will be the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Azra! I like your encouraging words, and a very nice job on Cezanne's Ginger and Fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to start off the year! Looks like you're definitely ready to have a happy creative new year.
    Cheers,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Azra, happy new year and great painting as always, feel blessed to have you as a friend , best wishes .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Azra! So glad you stopped by my blog...it is great to meet you! Your artwork is vibrant and warm. Love this copy of Cezanne...you did a great job. And it is a wonderful way to start the New Year. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou so much ladies!! You really are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely work to start the new year Azra! It looks so free spirited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent still life. I love the blues in the reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.