Sunday 12 February 2012

Stockwood Park and Still Life Demo By Adebanji Alade


Last month I recieved a gift of markers and a sketchbook with some wonderful drawings by Adebanji Alade.He is very talented and his star is rising all the time,so I thought it would be great to be taught by him.I got in touch and I had a one to one lesson with him yesterday.I had high hopes and let me tell you I was not disappointed.I was absolutely blown away by him as a person and a teacher!! He has such a passion for art and knows how to put this across.I think I learnt more in a single afternoon than if I had spent an entire year on my own.
My only regret is , because I was so busy concentrating on the lesson  I did'nt take a better photo of him.He is arranging group lessons sometime soon so I am hoping that I will get a better one.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful opportunity for you Azra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful painting and photo of the trees against the winter sky. I was admiring the photo for a few minutes, then was delighted to see it as a painting when I scrolled down! I can imagine what a monumentous day that was for you to be in the presence of one of your mentors and to feel yourself growing as an artist and a person... Those times are rare but so enriching! I will look forward to the next new paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, always learning and evolving. I can't wait for your next painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Azra, a good teacher can make wonders and really make you do a long jump forward. Happy for you to get this opportunity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a chance to have a good master! You're going to make us see what you've learned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Liz,it is a wonderful opportunity. : )
    Thanks Katherine,its the practice part that will show whether I am able to take on board what I've been taught! It is a bit scary actually!

    Thanks Carlene,me too!!

    Thanks Jane,hopefully that will be so!

    Thanks Viviane,hopefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wondrous thing you've embarked on! I especially like the top painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are on a right track of learning Azra, having someone to guide is a blessing, I'm happy for you and looking forward to some great paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! He is so amazing-I just love his drawings and paintings. How lucky are you? And good for you to inquire about the possibility of learning with him.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.