Sunday 23 January 2011

Glass and Rose

I gave myself a holiday yesterday.Sometimes you can get painted out and need some space to feel that love  again.After a day I felt I could go into this wonderful occupation refreshed.Ann showed me this glass and laughing said "this will drive you mad"!.....It did! Believe me even three months ago I would not have even entertained the idea of trying to paint such a thing. I do feel I have  made a fair attempt.Roses are the most difficult flower to paint,but I think with practice I will improve.

2 comments:

  1. Azra I loved the use of complimentary colors here and you did a very good job on rose.Definitely practicing would make it even easier and fun to paint.The glass looks complicated and pat your back for taking up a challenge of painting it.The upper half and the stem of the glass is painted wonderfully.I only see a perspective problem with the base of the glass.As this perspective shows the glass is viewed from above but the rest of the glass is viewed side ways.But still,the painting as a whole looks great.Keep up the good work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yasha,thankyou so much.I always look forward to your comments and ideas.Yes,it does look as if the base should be a narrower elipse.Even the previous elipse in the coffee cup is wonky and I have corrected it and need to change pictures.If you look at Van Goghs flowers in a blue vase and many others there is an imperfection in perspective,or one side of the vase is different to the other.I am actually trying to get away from neat edges and give my work some individuality,but I know that as an artist first you paint what you see and then you can change that into your own style and perspective.Its harder than I first thought because as with coffee cup I was looking and looking and that wonkiness bothered me so much in the end I had to change it.That is not to say that I don't make mistakes,I'm sure I will make plenty more,so my friend it is with pleasure and anticipation that I recieve your commments.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.