Saturday 1 June 2013

Wardown Park Boathouse

Guys, I finally plucked up courage and headed out to the park today. The weather was just perfect, it began cloudy but the sun came out and stayed for the afternoon. I painted for about three hours with plenty of interuptions from curious kids and their parents. A lovely pensioner who shared memories of when the park actually had boats that were hired out onto the lake.

I did feel quite daunted to start with but kept going and pretty soon I was lost in the whole process. I managed to keep detail to a minimum and for a first attempt plein air I think it was a very positive experience.

My first plein air painting

Wardown Park Boathouse
Oil on canvas board 8"x8"
Available please contact me on
azraiqbal2000@hotmail.com

15 comments:

  1. Another Beaut, Maybe we can go out together one day, stockwood park has nice gardens, you make it look like painting will take you away from reality for a while, like a release. I could do with that right now.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou dear niece, I would love to go painting with you ,just name the day.
      Love you too. : )

      Delete
  2. Wow, Azra... look at you, plein air painting! You did a great job on this. It sounds like the weather was ideal, with no wind, rain, or bugs to contend with! I look forward to seeing more of your plein air work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, it was a perfect day for painting.

      Delete
  3. Wow back at you! And it sounds like you've had the perfect start for a new journey step by step. Bravo and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome Azra! I can see that you enjoyed our first out door painting, I see what you included and what you omitted in the view that was in front of you, look forward to more! Keep ISP the spirit my friend, now I am inspired to try it out myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Azra! A new adventure begins. Looking forward to many more beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for Azra!!:) You are much more brave then I am. And you have made a beautiful painting. So clever to leave the details. You must be so proud and you should be! Have a nice sunday:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renate, I hope you have a nice Sunday too! xxx

      Delete
  7. Azra, this looks so fun! And your painting is lovely! You have a wonderful way with color that really shines. Looking forward to seeing more en plein air work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! Well done Azra !!! I know how daunting plein air painting can be. I love it and should be going out more. You have inspired me. As for your painting , you have captured a really lovely moment in the park. Plein air painting always seems to bring back more memories than a still life does.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.