Blues

Blues
Blues

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Open to Ideas

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Quote by George Bernard Shaw

This quote sums up this new painting. I have been trying to leave the safe shore of realism and explore a mix of what is real and imagination and heading towards some abstraction, its an exciting prospect. :  )
I have been painting small for so long I thought that going larger would be hard but actually its  liberating to have more room to move the paint around.

Open to Ideas
oil on box canvas
40cmx40cm

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Azra, 40cm x 40cm and what a glorious painting! Brava, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of life and vigour. Gorgeous. I know what you mean, I find it harder to paint/draw small, harder to resist getting tighter and painting the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you try a bigger size, it is freeing in a way but sometimes tougher than a small one in terms of getting on to the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment, its always a pleasure receiving each and every one.